Martin wears hiking boots, khaki shorts, and a blue sweater with the zipper zipped all the way down and black stripes running across the sides, and the sleeves are rolled up. He has big blue eyes, tan skin, and sandy blond-brownish hair. He is taller than his younger brother, Chris.
Martin's theme color is blue.
Martin, like Chris, is playful, childish, comedic, and simply loves creatures. On the other hand, Martin is impulsive, overly optimistic, and tries to look like he is prepared, even though he sometimes is not. He loves taking risks, and he is easily distracted, sometimes forgetting that he is on a mission. He tries to be a "big brother" and "save" Chris from "danger". Martin loves to get into the mind of creatures. However, he does know when to be serious, and he makes a good teammate.
Martin works with his brother, Chris, and his friends to learn about animals and save them when necessary. He uses his animal knowledge, swimming skills, and creature powers to save the creature world. He also knows how to swim, water ski, snowboard, and "manta board". Martin dearly loves all animals, and he likes giving them names.
I think I'm going to name him The-big-strong-orange-guy-who-won't-let-us-get-back-to-the-tortuga.
- -Martin, from A Huge Orange Problem
Chris: Martin! Martin, do you realize what this proves?!?
Martin: *squeezing water out of shirt* Um, never let your brother blindfold you when you're floatin' down a river?
- -Chris and Martin in Platypus Cafe
Chris: You thinking what I'm thinking?
Martin: That we catch the first bus outta here?
- -Chris and Martin in Kickin' it with the Roos
List of Events
- Martin plays "hide-and-seek tag" in Mimic.
- In To Touch A Hummingbird, Martin sips some of Gourmand's chocolate sauce that was supposedly for some hummingbird eggs.
- Martin has been called an animal lover, tree hugger, and clog.
- Apparently, Martin may not be one of the best drivers out there, as seen in Aardvark Town when he drove over a ravine. He also did a bit of this off-screen in Let the Rhinos Roll!.
- It is shown in Honey Seekers that Martin is right handed.
- Martin's love of chocolate is a recurring gag.
- In Tazzy Chris, it is shown that Zach and Martin have known each other since childhood. They are enemies, but their relationship is best described as a comedic rivalry.
- Gourmand often refers to Martin as "blueberry".
- Donita calls Martin "Martino"