The Tortuga HQ is the home base of the Wild Kratts crew and their main source of transportation. It's generally used for travel but can also provide shelter for animals and holds a bunch of devices and items.
It's name comes from the Spanish and Catalan word for turtle. Because of this, its design was modeled after a turtle.
- Bouyancy in water
- Visual Communication to Creature Pods
- Ice sled feet
- Sonic Distigrator
As stated above, the Tortuga's design is based on a turtle. It is very big and a teal-aqua color; in camoflouge mode it can be brown, red, yellow, green, basicly colors and patterns of all turtles. (Also can be invisibe) also can be ice mode (as shown in Polar Bears Don't Dance) with sled feet. To get inside and outside, it has lowering steps, and its mouth can open to a ramp, also there is a window at the top that opens and closes. Like real turtles it has a very detailed shell. In swim mode its legs turn into flipers and shell becomes a little flater/shorter.
As a major contrast to the outside, the inside of the Tortuga is majorly colored white and other calming shades of colors like blue and gray. (blue and purple in Polar Bears Don't Dance only) The Tortuga also has a storage room for Aviva's other inventions. As everyone travels and lives in the Tortuga, it most-likely has normal rooms inside of it; like bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, and storage room.
- The Tortuga is usually refered as "turtle ship".
- In the episode Rattlesnake Crystal the Tortuga was revealed to be powered by tellurium, a rare type of crystal.
- Up until "Tortuga Tune-Up", the Tortuga could only float and/or hover on water, as it wasn't designed to swim or dive underwater.
- The Tortuga is also capable of going up into space; as revealed in the holiday special A Creature Christmas.
Wild Kratts Passengers and people onboard
- Martin Kratt
- Chris Kratt
- Aviva- inventor and mechanic
- Koki-computer and Tortuga data manager
- Jimmy- Pilot